Returning Resident Visa

A permanent resident (called lawful permanent resident or LPR) or conditional resident (CR) who has remained outside the United States for longer than one year, or beyond the validity period of a Re-entry Permit, will require a new immigrant visa to enter the United States and resume permanent residence.  You can learn more about Returning Resident Visas on

If you meet these criteria and wish to apply for a Returning Resident Visa, please email us at to schedule an appointment. While we will make every effort to schedule you to come in as soon as possible, we advise against making any irrevocable travel plans until you have the necessary documents in hand.