Event: Constitutional Court Announcement
The Malawian Constitution Court is expected to announce election-related information sometime between January 27, 2020 and February 3, 2020. Crowds may gather in anticipation and or as a result of these announcements.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid large crowds and always leave yourself room to maneuver.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- If you see a barrier or individuals blocking your path, turn around and find an alternate route. If you unable to depart, keep your windows up and your doors locked, seek shelter if needed.
- Monitor local news for updated information.
U.S. Embassy Lilongwe, Malawi
- U.S. citizens with emergencies: +265-1-773-166 Ext. 3431
- Outside of office hours: +265-999-960-178
- E-mail: LilongweConsular@state.gov
- Website: https://mw.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter