US EMBASSY LILONGWE, NOVEMEBER 30, 2019 – AUCTION
Subject to the terms and conditions specified hereunder, the items will be sold during auction sale which will be conducted at:
US EMBASSY LILONGWE WAREHOUSE, AREA 5/66 on Saturday November 30, 2019 from 9:00am.
A. Conditions and provisions of the auction
- The sale is opened to the public. An access (Registration) fee will be paid by all participants at Embassy cashier office on November 21, 2019 until the maximum number of participants is reached. Cashier hours of operations are Monday and Wednesday 08.30-11.30am, Tuesday and Thursday 2:00-3:00pm, and Friday from 9:00 -11:00am.
- Bidders are invited to view items to be sold prior to making an offer at the Warehouse compound on Wednesday, November 27, 2019 from 8:30am to 12:00pm, and again from 2:00 to 4:00pm.
- Items are sold “as is”. The U.S government makes no guarantee, warranty, or representation, express or implied, as to the quality, kind, type, size, description or condition of the property or its fitness for any use purpose. This sale is final.
All bidders must be registered before participating for the auction.
- Registration will be limited to the first 60 customers by calling the number + (265) 1 773 166 ext. 3206 or + (265) 888491046 from 8.30am-11.30am and from 1.30pm – 4.00pm starting November 20, 2019.
- Once registration is done, bidders are invited to pay to our cashier a registration fees of MWK50,000 starting November 21, 2019, until the maximum participants number is reached.
- Registration fee is fully refundable if the bidder does not win any lot and will also be applied to any lots won during the auction.
C. Conduct of the auction
- On auction day, bidders will be admitted to auction site at 8.00am.
- The Auctioneer will provide bidders with the list of property to be sold, as well as the conditions of sale.
- The auctioneer will announce the conduct of sale and offer each lot separately according to the sequence list. The highest bidder is the winner.
- A warehouse member will fill out the bill of sale automatically with the name of the winner with the right amount to be paid to the cashier.
- Bidders will make payment for the items they have won when the auction is completed. He/she must have their Bill of sale established by the warehouse member.
- Payment will be cash only. No personal checks or any other method of payment will be accepted. All sales must be paid in full same day. Registration fees will automatically be applied to any winning bids. Refund of registration fees will only be made if the winning lots are valued less than the deposit.
- Since the sale is public, all participants should pay for the items they have bid for otherwise the registration fees will not be reimbursed. All lots and custom taxes/fees must be paid in full prior to the collection of items from the warehouse.
- Non-winning bidders must collect their registration fees the following week after presentation of their proof of payment.
The items are sold only at the Embassy warehouse. Delivery and transportation of the items away from the warehouse is the responsibility of the purchaser and shall be accomplished at his/her expense.
- After payment is made in full including customs taxes, bidders are expected to pick up items on the day of the auction and/or no later than December 5, 2019.
- After proof of sale and payment of customs fees, both documents should be presented to the warehouse employees for verification of the lot. The employee will mark on the bill of sale “delivered”, include the date and sign it. He/she will keep one copy for the warehouse. The Bill of sale shall be verified by the guard as the bidder leaves the compound with the items awarded to him.
- All items must be removed from the compound, no later than December 5, 2019 at 4:30pm. If items are not removed within the time limit specified above; the United States Government retains the right to keep it for the next auction without any refund of money
- The auction will be conducted under the supervision of the Property Disposal Officer, a duly appointed successor or a duly authorized representative, who reserves the right to reject any or all offers for any of the items sold and or withdraw from the sale any items as deemed best for the interests of the United States Government.
- The auction sale will be conducted in accordance with the procedures outlined in this auction rules and provisions.
- No offers for any lots included in the bid list will be accepted prior to the auction date and hour.
- All participants in this sale must agree to the terms and conditions, of this invitation.