The United States Embassy would like to inform all U.S. Citizens living in Malawi that the Consular Section continues to operate with severely reduced services. The United States Embassy in Malawi remains unable to resume routine visa services (immigrant and non-immigrant) at this time. We will resume routine visa services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date. During this time, services are limited to supporting U.S. citizens with consular emergencies. In the event of a U.S. citizen emergency during regular working hours, please contact the U.S. Embassy at +265-887-38-41-09. For U.S. citizen emergencies outside of office hours please call +265-999-96-01-78.
- U.S. Embassy Lilongwe, Malawi, Area 40, City Center Lilongwe, Malawi
- U.S. citizens with emergencies: +265-887-38-41-09
- Outside of office hours: +265-999-96-01-78
- E-mail: LilongweConsular@state.gov
- Website: https://mw.usembassy.gov/services/
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter