Health and Travel Alert – U.S. Embassy Lilongwe, Malawi (May 22, 2020)
Event: Seats Available on May 30th Flight
Satguru Travel will operate a charter flight through Ethiopian Airlines from Lilongwe to Addis Ababa tentatively scheduled for Saturday, May 30, 2020. For bookings, please contact Satguru Travel by signing up via their form at https://forms.gle/3bgkUGA8EavhPPmQ7. The tentative Satguru pricing for a one-way ticket from Lilongwe to Washington for an adult is $3,200. Passengers with previously issued, but unused tickets or existing bookings with Ethiopian Airlines may liaise with Satguru on the possibility of using part of that ticket with an additional cost of this charter flight.
Passengers are responsible for booking their own onward travel to the United States, but may arrange with Satguru as well. Please note that travelers transiting through Addis Ababa with a layover of more than 24 hours must go to one of the government-owned quarantine hotels at their own expense and may be subject to 14 days quarantine. Travelers should arrange an itinerary through the Addis airport with minimal layover.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC websitefor the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.govfor the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Malawi https://mw.usembassy.gov/.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Lilongwe, Malawi, Area 40, City Center, Lilongwe, Malawi
- U.S. citizens with emergencies: +265-1-773-166 Ext. 3431
- Outside of office hours: +265-999-960-178
- E-mail: LilongweConsular@state.gov
- Website: https://mw.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter