Health and Travel Alert – U.S. Embassy Lilongwe, Malawi (June 30, 2020)
Event: Seats Available on July 4th Flight
Satguru Travel will operate a charter flight through Ethiopian Airlines from Lilongwe to Addis Ababa tentatively scheduled for Saturday, July 4, 2020. For bookings, please contact Satguru Travel by signing up via their form at https://forms.gle/6GtDFffjuHG2ePPy5.
This flight will allow foreign nationals residing in Malawi to return to their home country and at the same time allow Malawians and Malawian Residents (Holders of Valid TEP/PRP/BRP) to enter into Malawi.
Passengers are responsible for booking their own onward travel to the United States, but may arrange with Satguru as well. Please note that travelers transiting through Addis Ababa with a layover of more than 24 hours must go to one of the government-owned quarantine hotels at their own expense and may be subject to 14 days quarantine. Travelers should arrange an itinerary through the Addis airport with minimal layover.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Malawi https://mw.usembassy.gov/.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Lilongwe, Malawi – Area 40, City Center – Lilongwe, Malawi
- U.S. citizens with emergencies: +265-1-773-166 Ext. 3431
- Outside of office hours: +265-999-960-178
- E-mail: LilongweConsular@state.gov
- Website: https://mw.usembassy.gov/services/
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter