Health Alert: U.S. Embassy Lilongwe, Malawi (April 8, 2020)
Location: Lilongwe, Malawi
Event: Special Flight Leaving Lilongwe to the United States.
Based upon interest by some resident Americans, the U.S. Embassy in Malawi is in the process of examining options for a repatriation flight to the United States. The flight is estimated to travel within the next two weeks.
Americans interested in repatriation should immediately contact the U.S. Embassy Consular section via the Lilongwe Evacuation Request Form, no later than 7:30 am on Tuesday, April 14. If you have filled out the form already, please DO NOT fill it out again. Vulnerable populations will be prioritized and all others will be confirmed on first-come, first-serve basis. Please do not call the Embassy to confirm receipt of your email; we will contact you if you are confirmed for a seat on this flight.
U.S. Embassy Malawi urges all persons who are considering repatriation to do so at this time.
Each traveler needs to ensure that they supply a valid email address and telephone number at which they can be contacted. Once contacted, please respond immediately.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19for information on conditions in Malawi.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Lilongwe, Malawi, 16 Jomo Kenyatta Road, Area 40, Plot 24 City Center, Lilongwe Malawi
- U.S. citizens with emergencies: +265-1-773-166 Ext. 3431 or +265-887-384-109 or +265-887-002-506
- Outside of office hours: +265-999-960-178
- E-mail: LilongweConsular@state.gov
- Website: https://mw.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter