Please note that the mission has no current vacancies.
To apply for these positions please visit the following website; www.pnet.co.za on the main page under “where” please type “Malawi” and hit search to access the vacancy announcement.
Please note that we no longer accept hard copy or email applications.
Project Development Specialist (PDF, 620KB). Closing date: March 8, 2018.
Job Opportunities at the Embassy
How To Apply
The HR Office uses PNET, a commercial internet recruitment site, to advertise most of its positions. If you are interested in applying for vacant positions, you are required to visit https://www.pnet.co.za/ At this site, on the main page under “where” please type “Malawi” and hit search to access a list of vacant positions where you will be able to register and apply.
- You are required to complete a registration form on the PNET website.
- Once you have successfully completed the Registration Form, you will receive an e-mail that contains your username and password. Your username and password are required to log in and apply for a vacant position. (Please note that you only need to register one time to apply for our vacant positions. So, keep your username and password safe for future use.)
- Once you have registered, you must return to PNET to log-in and apply for a vacant position.
- You are required to complete a job-specific questionnaire for each position for which you apply. The questionnaire is keyed to the job requirements for the vacant position.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Do not include your race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation in your CV or resume.
- Be sure to attach your resume/CV on PNET. If you fail to do so, your name will not appear as an applicant for the advertised position. Your resume/CV must explain how you meet all of the requirements of the vacant position. Only those candidates providing specific and comprehensive information supporting each job requirement will receive consideration. Be prepared to produce copies of all certificates or degrees earned upon request.
- Include all relevant work experience, paid and voluntary in detail in your resume/CV. Start with your present or most recent work experience. When describing work, list specific duties/responsibilities and accomplishments. Include supervisory responsibilities and the number of employees supervised if applicable. Go into as much detail as possible for work experience that directly relates to the advertised position.
- Include in your resume/CV, the names, addresses and contact details for three (3) professional references. Professional references should be supervisors who can also comment on your suitability for employment with the Mission. We will obtain your permission before contacting any reference.
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veteran’s preference must specify that they have a DD-214 in their resume/CV or cover letter to be considered as a U.S. Veteran and a copy of the DD-214 will be required before an interview is scheduled. If you claim conditional preference status as a U.S. veteran and are selected for an interview, you must provide proof of eligibility before an interview is scheduled; a copy of your current military orders or a letter on official military letterhead signed by the commanding officer that states the type of service and that you are in active duty status.