The Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program brings mid-career professionals from designated countries to the United States for a year of non-degree graduate-level study, leadership development, and professional collaboration with U.S. counterparts.
Please note participation in the Humphrey Fellowship Program does NOT lead to a Master’s degree. This is strictly a professional development opportunity for mid-career professionals that does not lead to an educational degree.
Fields of Study
a. Agricultural and Rural Development
b. Economic Development/Finance and Banking
c. Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change
d. Urban and Regional Planning
Democratic Institution Building
b. Law and Human Rights
c. Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
d. Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
e. Technology Policy and Management
f. Human Resource Management
a. Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
b. Higher Education Administration
c. Teaching of English as a Foreign Language
a. Public Health Policy and Management
b. HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
c. Substance Abuse Education, Prevention, and Treatment
Eligibility Requirements for Hubert Humphrey Program
- Applicants must be Malawian citizens or permanent residents qualified to hold a valid passport issued by Malawi.
- Applicants must have at least an undergraduate university degree or an advanced degree.
- Applicants must have at least five years of substantial professional experience in Malawi.
- Applicants must have demonstrated leadership qualities and a record of public service.
- Applicants should have little or no previous experience studying or working in the U.S. Preference will be given to candidates who have not studied overseas at all in the last 5 years.
The Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program is currently accepting applications for the 2019-20 academic year. The deadline to submit an application is June 1, 2018. All applications must be submitted online at: https://iie.embark.com/apply/humphreyfellowship2019
For more information about the Humphrey Program go to: www.humphreyfellowship.org
For inquiries write to: LilongwePAO@state.gov