The Humphrey Program brings young and mid-career professionals from designated countries to the United States for a year of non-degree graduate-level study, leadership development, and professional collaboration with U.S. counterparts.
Please note that this is just a Fellowship and not a Master’s degree program.
Fields of Study
The Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program accepts several fields of study including technology, journalism, agriculture, business, economics, law, engineering, education and others.
Eligibility Requirements for Hubert Humphrey Program
- Applicants must be Malawian citizens or permanent residents qualified to hold a valid passport issued by Malawi.
- Applicants must have at least an undergraduate university degree or an advanced degree.
- Applicants must have at least five years of substantial professional experience in Malawi.
- Applicants must have demonstrated leadership qualities and a record of public service.
- Applicants should have little or no previous experience studying or working in the U.S. Preference will be given to candidates who have not studied overseas at all in the last 5 years.
The Hubert Humphrey Program is not currently open for applications. Please check back in May 2018.
For more information about the Humphrey Program go to: www.humphreyfellowship.org
For inquiries write to: LilongwePAO@state.gov