As a result of COVID-19 generated constraints, the United States Embassy in Lilongwe Consular Section will be closed from July 16, 2021 to August 13, 2021. During this time, all routine consular services will be suspended and only U.S. citizens with consular emergencies will be assisted. In the event of an U.S. citizen emergency, please contact the U.S. Embassy using the numbers listed on the Embassy’s Emergency Contact Information for U.S. Citizens page.
- U.S. Embassy Lilongwe, Malawi, Area 40, City Center Lilongwe, Malawi
- U.S. citizens with emergencies: +265-1-773-166 Ext. 3431
- Outside of office hours: +265-999-960-178
- E-mail: LilongweConsular@state.gov
- Website: https://mw.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter