MALAWI – Level 3: Reconsider Travel
Reconsider travel to Malawi due to COVID-19.
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 4 Travel Health Notice for Malawi due to COVID-19.
Malawi has resumed most transportation options and business operations (including day cares and schools). Other improved conditions have been reported within Malawi. Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Malawi.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to Malawi:
- See the U.S. Embassy’s web page regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Avoid demonstrations and crowds.
- Monitor local media for breaking events and be prepared to adjust your plans.
- Keep travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Malawi.
- S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.